Top Trends Sellers Should Know
There are some hot trends happening in real estate; some may stay around for the long haul. These are great improvements that you can make to your property with relatively low effort that will significantly improve your home’s attractiveness to buyers. By knowing what’s trending right now, you will be able to more effectively market your property for a faster sale and a more desirable price. Here is a quick list of some of the real estate “what’s hot”:
- A vision in white. Neutral colors have long been recommended for staging your home, but these days shades of white in the kitchen is the latest design trend. Countertops and appliances are shown off to their greatest advantage and the space will have a bright and airy feel.
2. The great outdoors. There is a special attraction to outdoor living. Show off your decks and patios with attractive furniture and color coordinated cushions to suggest how well buyers will be able to enjoy the space. Outdoor fireplaces and firepits are literally hot right now, so consider installing one or having an area set aside with seating and pavers to show what a great spot you have for outdoor living.
3. Make getting locked out is a thing of the past. Keyless entries are an easy home update and are very much in demand. There are a variety of options from numeric keypads to biometric fingerprint scans. The simpler keyless entry systems can be found at the local home improvement store and you can even install them yourself without having to hire a handyman.
4. Electronics charging stations. Another easy upgrade to make your home more attractive to buyers is to install a charging station for home electronics. There are a number of options that can be found at home improvement stores that can turn an existing outlet into a multiple device charger. Consider charging stations in bedrooms and in a common family area for the greatest convenience.
5. Ditch the granite – go quartzite. If you are considering having your countertops replaced in the kitchen and bath before putting your home on the market, take a look at quartzite. This natural stone material is the latest in home design. It looks like marble but doesn’t stain as easily and is almost indestructible.
6. Good things come in small packages. Smaller homes, even micro homes, are making the news right now. The demand for huge McMansions seems to be coming to an end and buyers are looking for a smaller, more manageable spaces that are high efficiency but still offer quality and luxury. This is a great opportunity for owners of smaller properties to market in this niche.
7. The “Walk” Score. Walkability, or really just the convenience of being close – possibly within walking or biking distance – of stores, schools, places of business and entertainment is highly prized right now. Being able to leave the car behind and get where you need to go is becoming more and more of a desired asset for properties. Location and walkability are fantastic added value when listing your home.
Find out what your home is currently worth:
Give one of our agents a call today to discuss the how to best set the stage for selling your home!